Pieces of my heart


I could see them falling I never bothered.
Landing on the ground with a thud broken and withered.
Did not extend my hand to catch hold of them midway.
Too selfish to see beyond the gray areas of my day.
Engrossed in finding the cobwebs in the room of my heart.
Unable to realise why the shadows never depart.
Failed to see that the pieces falling had been the pieces of my heart.
Selfishness had blinded me right from the start.
The ceiling of my room was coming down upon me.
The pieces that I thought belonged to someone else were parts of me.
Since then I have been sticking the pieces together of myself and others too.
I know that my heart would slowly heal if I keep on pursuing what I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spin It

Abandoned: End of a beginning?

Mother-child relationship does go a longer way than thought of