Falling Star

Here's wishing all my dear friends a wonderful and hopeful new year



I wonder if the fireflies of the flames rise up high
to be hung up above in the closet of the sky,
only to slide down, as the playful wind blows lower they fall
as shooting stars eagerly awaited by all.
Every star in sight is welcomed by a newborn wish,
in anticipation of the recipe of our dream in our dish.
Eventually the trail of thoughts make sure I know
that with feeble wings wishes grow
all around, so we need not catch a falling star.
If we believe then dreams come to life where we are.
So as I sit beside the bonfire on New Year's Eve,
I do believe
that I will dream a new dream again
and smile at every falling star as I let my sunshine dissuade the rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spin It

Abandoned: End of a beginning?

Mother-child relationship does go a longer way than thought of