A Realisation Of The Self


Time seems to be a good teacher. Well, come to think of it, it has always been one. Ultimately, it is in our hands to acceptand grow as a student in the classroom called life. The process of learning is never ending but the initiation of the process is the most trying task. We subscribe to running over roadblocks and imposing a danger upon ourselves rather than taking a few minutes from our precious time to deal with the problem in the form of the roadblock, as a patient individual. Life is not about speed but is all about learning how to sail through the ups and downs in the vast sea of possibilities. It might be easier to resist each and every new opportunity that may seem to be an obstacle at first, in order to feel superior to the rest. Somewhere deep down all of us seek pleasure in projecting ourselves as victims of the circumstances so as to end up at the recieving end of the pity of the entire world around us. This saves us the effort to try our hand at learning yet another life skill. We fail to understand that due to this practice we tend to accept the misconception that we the downtrodden victims of malevolence of the destiny. In such a position we are bound to recieve sympathy but will remain bereft of any form of respect.
But, better late than never. As I commenced the search for stability, I bumped into a strange realisation on the crossroads of life. I found my anchor in a larger than life scenario back home. At Shillong, the paints of nature have been splattered everywhere in the most humble manner, without any name tags attached at any point of time. I am loving it. The acceptance is quite new to myself but it is surely a much needed change and I must say a pleasant surprise. A break from the derisive arena of the city life, I have welcomed the change with open arms and for a change, with an open mind.
I have accepted my new home and the various ways in which the higher power has planned to map out directions for me to follow, as I strongly believe that whatever happens is for the best, by the end of the day.
With every unexpected change in the route to my destination there has been a remarkable growth in my sense of direction. As I begin to trust my own compass, I have decided to embark upon every path that has been chosen for me, with grit and self-respect. With a new perspective due to a comprehensive approach towards my world of thought, I am a changed person. It is believed that home is where the heart is. I know for sure that my heart is in the right place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spin It

Abandoned: End of a beginning?

Mother-child relationship does go a longer way than thought of