The Tower



I sit and construct the skyscaper of thoughts a few.
I climb stair by stair with a song sung blue.
With eyes closed I ascend till what seems like eternity.
As I open my eyes I look down upon the world of reality.
At the astonishingly small piece of wonder I reflect.
As I stand up above for once on a tower of dreams erect.
I look out for shooting stars in their stall,
catch them clinging to the sky before they fall.
As I reach out higher I stumble down from the height.
Drop a few wishes into the bag of fright.
As the tower above is demolished lower I fall.
I no longer need to be afraid of it all.
as the world below is where I belong.
Once again when I am lost in the blues I will climb up with a song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spin It

Abandoned: End of a beginning?

Mother-child relationship does go a longer way than thought of