No One's Land

The threads of lanes,
the patches of fields,
that from up above
my glance steals.

I wish I could bring them all together,
sew all the worn out seams.
When we are able to call the earth our own,
I would be once again reborn to scatter new dreams.

I might be distant, closer to the sun;
yet trust me I am cold out here.
Eager to spot a land with fences none
I would certainly step back down there.

I had once lived below, once I had believed it was ours.
But, happened to walk towards a land unknown, by mistake.
The land across the boundary was the same as mine.
The love for my land compelled me to step back.

On the contrary, the hatred that my part of the land bore for the other,
tempted me to take a step.
Amidst the hue and cry I could not protect my smile.
I could not avoid my bloodshed.

Today I am up above.
Alas nothing has changed.
I doubt it ever will;
I reflect, estranged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spin It

Abandoned: End of a beginning?

My Song