Cross the line




I do not aspire to be a judge anymore.
We are all fallible, expected to rise
yet prone to fall.
I thought that I was expected to be the virtuous one
but isn’t that desired from everyone?
Then why do they walk, unashamed
on the paths that I thought of as immoral?
We cannot distinguish right from wrong
every single time.
Have I failed miserably as a judge?
You say that life has not been fair to you
You say that time has inflicted pains upon you
You blame God.
Weren’t you the one who was an atheist once?
You defend.
Pretend!
You clear the ground, before you fall.
You fall every time into webs of a vice
all the time
and
yet you pretend to stand tall.
Falling in love
is a mistake?
Rising as a smile on a barren face
is a mistake?
It was adrenaline once.
It was desperation to hold on to the crowd.
Maybe, an excuse termed as an escape
every other time.
I do not care anymore.
I do not want to be labelled ‘a criminal’
When I cross the line
to come over to your side,
treat me as an equal,
Consider me a foe.
I am tired waiting on my side,
I must cross the line.
Not to be a part of the crowd.
Not to be called your own.
But to become yet another
Escapist
who hides and yet does not seek
In a world where nothing else matters
apart from claiming to be invisible,
When all that was ever wanted is to be found.
I would take a leap;
build my wings on the way down.
The wings that would wither;
would never take me up above;
in a bloody blot high on power.
High on greed.
High on weed.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spin It

Mother-child relationship does go a longer way than thought of

Abandoned: End of a beginning?