Light falling on the wall



    There is repair work going on at home and through the crevices of the door of my room, light is sneaking in to form interesting patterns on a wall right opposite to the door. I see the light dancing in front of my eyes and the monotony of my room as well as my thoughts, is broken for a while. The repairmen are welding outside, nothing particularly attractive about the process.

    I cannot help but remember the time when as a little girl I used to pass by construction sites and stop for a fleeting moment, amazed by the sparks falling apart and vanishing into thin air. I used to wonder how these iridescent sparks could fall apart from a massive fountain of light and weld two surfaces together at the same time. It seemed ironical for a child.

    It is fascinating how we can draw so many examples from everything happening around us. Now I am wise enough – well not very sure about that, there is a lot of gibberish that the society has put into my head, but that does not make me wise, stupid if anything at all and another talking parrot if I preach what has been driven down my throat. Keeping practicality aside for sometime, I do create random happy moments for me. That is not stupid for me, it is done out of purpose, not to fade away in a dreamland, but to push me towards creating a niche for myself and standing up for what I am passionate about- nothing more but nothing less than words. Words are all I have to discover, create and commemorate.

    So, lying on my bed with tousled hair and an appearance far from perfect, I let my thoughts wander and think that light cannot fall apart, it can be ebbed out but otherwise it spreads. Darkness can fall apart with the presence of light.

    Everything is temporary, even these random thoughts that I am scribbling down, but I know for sure that the amateurish waltz that my heart is practising at the moment is here to stay. It is permanent for a moment and I am happy searching for patterns in the light falling on the wall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spin It

Abandoned: End of a beginning?

Mother-child relationship does go a longer way than thought of