Attachment








Breathing with the heart that beats around me, I lie
With eyes closed I know I dont need shelter from the cold within the warmth..
Attached to a life I live my entire lifetime
Until the lifeline is cut away to introduce me to wrath..

Visions unknown Voices unheard all around
As the connections are severed Attachment takes a form unthinkable..
Detachment attaches the newborn to a life outside newfound
Whether a speck of dust or a snowflake only a speck amidst dilemmas uncountable..

Into the arms of my world I hide so small yet sublime
Dive in to face the sea of faces with a finger held in my hand..
That grows in as my roots as I grow up with the wisps of time
I often reflect whether the foundation wherein my roots grew stronger was merely sand..

The sand that drifted away with every step on the path that I was meant to choose
Devoid of my identity I have nothing to lose..
In the rain of tears amidst the clouds of doubt I am writing on blotted sheets
A story untold a story of lost streets..

As a vagabond, a leaf meant to go astray
Stripped of the roots with remnants of sand from yesterday..
In the search of the bright sun of hope as people say
Warmth on my sunlit path no longer as the womb where I once lay..

On my own as a part of the crowd am I still true to myself as I once was
I ponder often but remain bereft of answers today..
Standing as a sinner in my eyes in the courtroom of life I pause
Pause to cherish the memory of the finger I had once held to find my way..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spin It

Abandoned: End of a beginning?

Mother-child relationship does go a longer way than thought of