The Graveyard

A leaf stirred
or was it something else that stirred within me.
The rain that poured in bouts of anger blurred
my vision or a pebble of reality thrown carelessly in the calm ocean swirling in an eye.

Ruins secluded, spread on the sand,
breathing heavily in the fog that kindles the dusk.
No ones land,
a trail of thoughts dance with a nomad that wanders under my skin, as I trod in the dust.

Ashes of the scrolls that lies unnoticed, unread.
Stale ink in the bottle dries up as an oasis in the desert of words unsaid  .
The raucous breeze sings a lullaby for the leftovers in a bedspread
of concrete while crumpled sheets await the poetry of tired breath.

An untouched teacup on the windowpane,
of a room turned sour.
Piercing silence echoing in the vaccum of the irreversible pain.
as light hesitates to crawl over the fragility of the floor.

A windshield stoned;shattered,
as shreds of faith lie sprawled on the ground.
The murderer drips drop by drop from the broken remains of a bottle, scattered
Unaware of the predicament, the ones lost would never be found.

Endless stories strolling on the paths entwined
Untold truths, shameless lies hidden in the crevices
of the stone that leaves the hand of life behind
with pious prayers uttered, bittersweet tears,seasons of crisis.

Neither a land of the haunted, nor a land to be trespassed.
A garden of the Lord, chaste as Himself.
A flutter of wings as many a birds take flight into the azure,vast.
An escape from the cage of the globe; a stairway beyond the present, the past.

As I walk through the silence of serenity new to me,
As I embrace the uncertainity of life, a heartwrenching melody plays the strings of my heart.
Neither rich or poor, I am merely a journey.
As a conscience, a presence, a memory I move on,my thoughts linger behind in the graveyard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spin It

Abandoned: End of a beginning?

My Song