Love you Papa


I have never sat down with a pen in my hand to scribble down the most happiest moments of my life. The ones that I would cherish and remember fondly. Maybe because I felt that if I would do that then the story of joy will remain bound to a particular incident that lingers in  my memory. 
But today when I was told to scribble it down, it gave me immense happiness as I walked down the memory lane of nostalgia. The first thing that comes to my mind is my countless evening walks with my father, as a child and even now, though less frequently than before. Amidst the myriad hues of nature, holding his hand firmly gave me immense comfort and strength to move on with my head held high as long as I intend to embark upon the path of righteousness. I miss talking to him about everything under the sun, spotting constellations, pointing out the moon that played peek-a-boo from behind the tall eucalyptus trees near our house and asking him umpteen number of questions. I am not able to spend quality time with him but with his guidance now I have chosen to face the scorching sunlight rather than taking shelter in his shade as that has made me stronger and more responsible. despicable weather can no longer stop me from relishing the seasons that life has to offer.
I love you papa. I smile with the thought and life is beautiful, yet again.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spin It

Abandoned: End of a beginning?

My Song